Here’s a depressing fact: the average American spends an hour or so every day just to ensure their house is clean. This includes stuff like folding laundry, scrubbing toilets, dusting furniture, vacuuming, washing the dishes, and so on.
When you add up those hours, you get the equivalent of a part-time job. Add to that the time you spend at work and in commute, and it becomes obvious why leisure time always seems to be in such short supply.
Hiring reputable home cleaners in Atlanta is a great way to get a pristine home without spending a good chunk of your life on cleaning. However, it’s not the only way. In this article, we’ll explain how you can get the most cleaning done in the shortest amount of time. Read on!
How many hours a week should you spend cleaning?
Unfortunately, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. Not only do people vary widely when it comes to how tidy they are, but their homes are all different as well. Try to keep track of how long your typical cleaning takes, and use that as a point of reference when planning your day. For most Americans, however, a standard cleaning takes between 1-2 hours.
Factors that affect the time it takes to clean your home include:
- How big it is. Smaller homes can generally be cleaned faster than large ones,
- How dirty it is. If you haven’t cleaned your home in a while, or if you’ve hosted a party that left a huge mess, it’s naturally going to take longer to tidy everything up than if the home has been cleaned recently,
- Whether you have help. Even a huge spring cleaning can be done quickly if all the other members of your household are doing their part,
- Whether you have pets. There are many reasons why we love our furry friends, but their tendency to shed hair everywhere is definitely not one of them. Even if your pets are well-trained, picking up their hair and dealing with “accidents” is inevitably going to prolong your cleaning.
How to keep a house clean when working full time?
The best and most effective way to keep your home spotless while being employed full-time is to schedule recurring cleanings with a trusted cleaning company. After all, what’s the point of working 40+ hours a week, if all you’ll be doing with your free time is scrub and mop?
In addition to giving you a pristine home that smells fresh 24/7, a cleaning service also gives you the leisure time you need to do things like watching your favorite movies or relaxing with your family at the Chastain Park.
Aside from that, you can make your cleaning more efficient by:
- Training your pets not to climb on furniture,
- Always cleaning after yourself (washing the dishes and cutlery right after use, etc.),
- Teaching your kids to clean after themselves,
- Getting robotic vacuum and window cleaners,
- Cleaning top-to-bottom (focusing on higher areas first and vacuuming at the end),
- Adopting anti-cluttering habits (having designated places where certain items are stored, never leaving clothes lying across furniture, and so on).
Where can I find the premier home cleaners in Atlanta?
No matter how hard you work, time is the only resource you can never buy more of. Even if you could somehow get your cleaning done in half an hour or less, that’s still a considerable part of your day that’s spent doing boring tasks rather than focusing on the things you love.
The Moxie Maids can solve this problem for you. The first-rate Atlanta cleaners we team up with will happily deal with the mess while you relax after work and enjoy the company of your friends and family. Book a cleaning today!